Applying to Campus D'Effets Visuels
What does it take to join Campus D'Effets Visuels?
We know that choosing high level education career pathways is a big decision. If you are unsure if you have what it takes to join the Campus D’Effets Visuels, please contact us to find out how we can help get you prepared.
The classes often have students at various stages from beginner with little experience, all the way to students who may already have years of industry experience. Using project-based learning we will ensure you are challenged no matter what level you come in with and bring you to the next level.
For some excellent online courses to better prepare we recommend that you check out our new Online VFX Learning Portal
"Class size is limited. We advise applying 6 to 12 months in advance."
Transition into a fulltime fulfilling career in the Visual Effects Industry
The Visual Effects Industry is experiencing rapid growth creating exciting career opportunities for young creative professionals. Entrance requires a unique training path to effectively master this craft. Our progressive teaching techniques have proven themselves to be the most effective path to this career. YOU CAN have a financially viable career that provides both creative outlet and unique problem solving challenges.
Ready to Apply?
Below is a list of items you will need to gather
We are rooting for you.
If you have any doubts we would love to help you work towards making your dreams into a reality.
All application items can be submitted by email to [email protected]. Feel free to email images or send a link to your website or to your Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, YouTube, Vimeo, etc. page. For submission via DropBox or Google Drive contact us for further instructions.
Plan Ahead - Apply Early!
Class size is limited per intake to ensure you receive the best instruction ratio. We want to make sure you are getting the most our of you experience here.
Classes often reach their maximum student capacity six to twelve months in advance. If you are interested in applying to Campus D’Effets Visuels do not hesitate.
*Student will also be required to have Medical Insurance for the duration of studies once they are in Canada.
- If the student fails to meet the minimum admission requirements, neither the institution nor the student can waive the requirements.
- If the applicant is under 18 years old and has graduated from high school, a parent or legal guardian must co-sign the enrollment Agreement and any other related financing documents.
- By accepting the student’s Enrollment Agreement, Campus D’Effets Visuels | School of Visual Effects does not warrant or represent that the student will successfully complete the course or will find employment upon completion of the course.
- The student understands that, as with any college, Campus D’Effets Visuels | School of Visual Effects does not promise to find the student a job, but we do try hard, just ask us about our placement rates!
- Procedure: All applications are assessed by our Senior Educational Administrator which is empowered to accept, defer or reject the admission of any applicant to a program. You will be advised of your acceptance by an official letter from the Admissions Office.
- Applications will not be reviewed for admission until all applicable documents are submitted.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order in which the application was received.
- Applicants will be considered based on a combination of artistic and career potential (indicated by portfolio, previous education and/or work experience) and personal attributes and motivation (indicated by personal statement and motivational interview)
- Documents will not be returned unless specifically requested in advance
- Notification of admission decisions are usually sent to applicants within 4 weeks of the application deadline, if not prior.
- Offers of admission and information concerning enrollment and policies will be provided to all successful applicants prior to signing all contracts.
What the VFX Industry is saying about us?
Tuition & Support - *Updated November 2018
- Individually assigned Production Class VFX Workstation
for the duration of your study
- Access to our vast Digital Resource Library
- Private Training Institution – Student Tuition Protection Fund
- Graduation Ceremony
- Ongoing Job Placement Assistance and Career Consulting
Tuition Payment Schedule Breakdown
- Half of the tuition is due prior to the start of the program.
- The balance of the tuition is due at the 50% or before the mark of the program unless a prior agreed to payment plan have been arranged.
- For tuition payments, we accept, cheques, money orders, bank drafts and wire transfers.
Students Should Supply
- Personal headphones
- An external hard drive for backups (At least 1 TB)
- A small padlock for your locker
To pay by Visa, Mastercard or Bank Transfer
We are here for you.
Let us know your questions and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Costs of Living
Students may use the following examples as a guideline to estimate their costs of living during the school year. Our table provides some average monthly expenses and is intended to help you project your cost of living in Montréal. Some meal and entertainment are listed per item.
When considering the cost of education it is important to consider cost of living. If your program runs for 1-4 years you have to consider the additional cost of living and the loss of potential income during that time. It all adds up!
Please note: costs of living will depend on the activities in which you choose to participate.
The sites most used to find rentals are Craigslist , Logis Québec and Kijiji. Any location close to a public transit or Ville – Marie area would be ideal.
Craigslist – Montréal
Kijiji – Montréal
Airbnb – Montréal
Duproprio – Montréal
* Make sure you do not pay anything as a deposit, a landlord can not demand a deposit in Québec..
Please remember to always take pictures BEFORE and AFTER (prior to move in and post move out). This will help if a disagreement occurs.
Please also review the Régie du logement – Québec and Rights and Obligations of the lessee websites to learn more about your rights as a tenant in Québec.
The homestay Program provides students and travelers with an opportunity to stay with a Canadian family and learn about the Canadian culture. You will have 3 meals per day, a private room and many chances to practice your French through conversation with family members. If you are interested please register at one of the links below. There is a placement fee.
These are services that charge you a small fee to find you housing.
Réseau appartements et Gîtes au Québec
Montréal Forum Appartment Hunting